Masterclass: What makes a 'Reserve' wine?
We only make Reserve wines in certain years. For us, ‘Reserve’ is not a marketing term; it denotes wines made in exceptional vineyard conditions and with accentuated focus in the winery. They will typically have extended cellaring life and a degree of “magic”.
Join us for a masterclass that will showcase 4 of our Reserve wines and their Heritage Series equivalents, exploring what makes them special and how they differ.
- $50 per person
- Allow up to 45 minutes to enjoy this experience
The 7 wines we will share and discuss include:
- Burgundy-style Chardonnays: 2017 ‘Jeannette’ Reserve Chardonnay and 2017 ‘La Comtesse’ Chardonnay
- Bordeaux-style Red Blends: 2013 ‘Le Chevalier’ Museum Merlot-Cabernet-Petit Verdot and 2016 ‘Le Chevalier’ Merlot-Cabernet-Petit Verdot
- Bordeaux-style Cabernets: 2016 ‘Victor’ Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and 2019 ‘Le Marquis’ Cabernet Sauvignon
- Northern Rhone-style Shiraz: 2016 ‘Leopold’ Shiraz-Viognier
Set sessions are available for this masterclass at
- 11am Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
- 3pm Saturday & Sunday
With very limited availability, masterclasses must be pre-booked and prepaid online. Refunds are available up until 5pm Thursday 1st October. Cancellations after this time are non-refundable.